Saturday, March 10, 2012

To heaven and Bach again!


Notice how in vocalises her vibrato continues to work. She does tend to darken a bit as she reaches toward and into her chest voice and lighten a bit as she ascends. Do you mind this? Do you think she needs to? Does it work? What else do you notice?

I really love the darker tone in her middle notes, but when she ascends and her tone is lighter, I do find myself questioning if this is necessary. I don't find her singing hard on the ears at all, however, I think that continuity of tone is important. I don't think she needs to change her color in those ways, though It sounds very effective. One glaring thing I noticed about her singing was that in some moving notes her tone had no vibrato in some spots. I wouldn't do that in a performance, but then, I don't have enough experience to say it is wrong or right, I just know I get more vocally tired more quickly when my tone is without vibrato.
Furthermore, notice his flawless sense of legato and how each sound is connected in every way to the previous sound. Vibrato? Lastly, try to figure out how he sings so sincerely.

Yes, this man's Nerdiness is quite astounding in it's complexity. However, I really enjoy his singing, it is so sincere in its nature and the legato is very apparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment